Powered By Blogger

vendredi 31 mai 2013

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Here I am back to business, sorry to my passion. 

I went over my laziness and (self- or not) censorship, which made me slow writing on this blog.

I am currently in Venezia attending some openings.

I really appreciate all these Pavillons and the network of exhibitions displaying such a variety of creativity. 

Then, I will go to Art Basel at Basel.

One thing that puzzled me was some encounters in the last New York record auction sales.

The Art Market and especially record breaking works are always a self-amazement. 

I was so surprised to meet in NYC some of numerous art dealers of this planet. Some, in other places, are complaining about the Market today and the difficulty to make a satisfying level of business. I could have cried. I am really sensitive you know. But, when I met Isabelle de Noirmont during the Wahrol, Lichtenstein, Haring sale show, I wondered if she was the same one with her husband who closed their gallery in Paris couple of months ago as they couldn't afford to support as good as before their artists.

The French couple were by far not the only one who played this game. Maybe, the fact they like the same works than me and it pushed me to spend more is a way to explain my non-objective criticism on them. 

That's maybe the name of the game. As soon it is not only for speculating, but for collecting and appreciating some artworks, I could only agree with this passion.

Between New York and Venezia, I spent some time at discovering the new A.B.H.K. @ H.K.C.C. or Art Basli Hong Kong . It was fun and "refreshing" to see that the same old tune can be sung differently by other guests with other instruments. Of course, the fact that the financial investment and tax level in Asia are quite attractive can create more joyfulness to sing along.

It was a great thing to do and I would re-register to go there next year.

Enough of that, I cut it and go for a Bellini. The ones I criticized could even pay me a drink. They deserved my concern...

Salve,

Dottore Cow

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire