I really have got something to
tell you!
Long time
no writing, at least public on this blog.
I know what is the aim of a blog. It has to be on a regular basis and not too long. So this revival would be like no other blog. The next one would be shorter. I will try anyway. The temptation of thinking I am a writer or novelist when people expect a blogger is highly not recommended.
I know what is the aim of a blog. It has to be on a regular basis and not too long. So this revival would be like no other blog. The next one would be shorter. I will try anyway. The temptation of thinking I am a writer or novelist when people expect a blogger is highly not recommended.
I might say
I have been under certain pressure from friends and art professionals, who seem
not to appreciate what I really have to say about this wonderful artistic world
we are living in.
Few words
before giving my point of view on art…
Beyond the
record sales in auctions for contemporary art, what is quite reassuring in
“our” world, and especially in Europe with this crisis-stricken behavior and believing,
is record sales of Ferrari all around the world.
The only
problem for the Red Horse it is becoming less exclusive and unique.
Thanks god,
I have got vintage ones and bought a Trabant and a Daf as well.
A.B.M.B. @
M.B.C.C. long time ago over. The “hang over” of this week in December became a
wish to look after new emotion.
First of
all, I have left my flat temporarily in central Miami Beach to a beach house.
Then, soon I had scheduling traveling to Europe, Asia and America. I would try
to travel cleverer with avoiding of too much cold.
I checked
the Kusama and Koons or Kunst, as he would like to be called by our German
speaking friends and collectors, new recruits of David Zwirner. The meeting
with works of Crumb or Adel (Abdessemed) was a big mix-up in my head. I know
the challenge was too high for a rusty art (re)viewer. Abdemesssed had a great
show in Paris in Beaubourg. I didn’t understand everything as I can’t relate to
some of his realities. So, I skipped a little bit the following in NYC by
David.
Couple of
weeks ago, I had a drink with Bruce Willis at La Palette in Paris. I would have
preferred Le Balto or Mazarin. But, Bruce was expecting some company there.
Sometimes, it is easier to meet neighbours and friends miles away from the
place called home. Didier Gicquel, a really talented French photographer
specialized in artists and great personality portraits, took, I guess, a
picture of “Bruce almighty”. I had a view of his works at Lelia Mordoch Gallery
in Miami.
As he
couldn’t come with me at the Chagall opening in the mid-afternoon at Musée du
Luxembourg, I attended myself alone. A nice show with great works in a
relatively small-size museum. These paintings and drawings needed this
intimacy. It is related to the works in the time of war.
Once in
Paris, I was invited to attend the “César”, which is rewarding French films of
the year. The only comparison somehow with our “Oscar” is the fact they are
giving awards. Everything was so boring with no humor and private joke, that
are understandable from not many happy-few. I guess their working system is the
more boring, the better. Michael Hanneke with “Amour” was celebrated a lot.
Kevin Kostner, who came in Paris for receiving an honorary award for his
career, fell asleep. Blame it on the jetlag!
There is
still at the Musée en Herbe, close to Place des Victoires, an exhibition of
Vasarely presented by Fondation Vasarely
is a really good quality and gives a nice introduction to art for the
kids.

Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire