Powered By Blogger

dimanche 18 novembre 2012

Photo in Paris

I took a break this week with a trip to Europe and Paris. I am flying back to Florida tonight.

It was a all-week in a busy month dedicated to photography. Paris Photo Art fair, sister fair of FIAC by Reed Organisation, and Photo Saint Germain des Près were my main Parisian cultural activities. Some frenzyness around camera art in the air.

Vintage pictures coupled with young quality artists make wonderful shows.

Paris Photo at Grand Palais was showing a nice quality and a good perspective of the varieties and the richness of the Eighth Art. It provides me each time with good vibes on artistic creation and estheticism.

Photo Saint Germain  is located in Saint-Germain-des-Près district with its art galleries focusing on photos through the topic "Voyages et Rêves" (Traveling and Dreams). Most of these galleries are as well together during "Art Saint Germain des Pres" at the end of May. It is of course a nice part of Paris  to go and enjoy life too.

At Galerie Alfa, the opportunity of seeing William Wegman is always a great thing not to miss. Especially, when the dog is traveling "high in imagination".

Galerie Lélia Mordoch shows the nice and strong landscapes of Gérard Tordjman. Iceland, Peru, Bhoutan, USA, Argentina and more countries. It gave me a nice reminder of my travels and what I should go and see next. But Tordjman's works are bringing dreams and poetry to places I would even know and that I re-discover.

At Galerie Aittouares, a fantastic show is on display with a vision of the Soviet and American dreams though the eyes of Khaldeï and Craven. These pictures of ways of life with patriotism, propaganda, excesses are portraying very well societies with change and desire to live after WWII.

More exhibitions are there and simply astonishing.

Beyond photography, I had time as well focusing on foreigner visitors to Art Basel Miami in order to give them hints on the city and the Fair.

The Art Basel week will be quite busy. So, I have to get ready.

Galerie Aittouares
2 Rue des Beaux Arts
75006 Paris
contact@aittouares.com

Galerie Alfa
12 rue de l'Echaudé
75006 Paris
contact@galeriealfa.com

Galerie Lélia Mordoch
50 Rue Mazarine
75006 Paris
Lelia.mordoch.galerie@wanadoo.fr


2 commentaires:

  1. I really liked the Bhutan pictures. The magazine "L'oeil" did this month something on Bhutan too.

    I guess i take a ticket tomorrow to there. But, first of all, Miami on the beginning of December...

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I liked some pictures of Lucien Clerque during Art Elysées, which was before this month dedicated to photograhy. He is one the best to depict nude women with grace and no vulgarity.

    I found a picture on Iceland at Lélia Mordoch Gallery that made me remember my wonderful trip there couple of years ago.

    Photography with talent is purely magic!

    RépondreSupprimer